Safety First - Coronavirus Update


This post will be updated with new information regularly, such as updates on upcoming scheduled retreat dates, as it becomes available.


Wednesday 25 March

With the safety of the world a priority at this time, it’s with a heavy heart that we share we have chosen to cancel all retreats until late July. 

At Synthesis we are keeping up with the information being provided by the leading institutions from across the globe, and following the guidelines and advice that they are giving us during this crisis. We will only resume our retreats when it is deemed safe for both our participants and the world. Due to the uncertainty surrounding the timelines of this global pandemic we are unable to confirm our future dates and at this stage are not able to engage in any rebooking process. 

Those who have booked a retreat spot that has been canceled will be the first to learn of our new dates and will be given priority to rebook. 

We acknowledge the uncertainty that we are at this time and we intend to do what we can to serve you.

Wednesday 18 March 2020

We hope you and your loved ones are faring well as the world continues to understand the impact that coronavirus COVID-19 will have. 

At Synthesis we have been fortunate that none of our team members or customers have come into contact with the virus, but we have not been immune to the impact it has had on global travel and the challenges of operating ‘business as usual’.

Last week we had to inform many of our participants that we canceled our next 25 days of programming to ensure the safety of our participants and to comply with best practices advised by both our local and international governments. Since then, we’ve continued to pay close attention to how other governments have started to respond and implement their own policies and practices related to minimizing the impact of COVID-19. Unfortunately, at this point in time there is still a lot of uncertainty regarding what will occur in the next 60 day period of time. 

Should your retreat be cancelled, we wish to emphasize that all payments made, including deposit and balance payments, will be credited to future retreat dates. This includes retreat dates from July onwards that are soon to be published on our website. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our best to navigate these unchartered waters, one day at a time. While short-term plans have been interrupted, we remain confident that it’s in challenging times like these, an acceleration happens in which we find and embody new values - values of simple experience, of friendship and true connection. 

Friday 13 March

At Synthesis our first priority is always the safety of our participants.

In light of the increasing spread of the coronavirus, all our retreats until 16 April are canceled. This is in line with the advice from leading institutions on how to minimize the impact of COVID-19 and the announcement of travel restrictions on Wednesday 11 March. We want to ensure the safety of all our participants and those with whom they might interact.

This cancellation applies to the following programs:

  • Core Retreat: March 20-22
  • Expansion Retreat: March 26-30
  • Core Retreat: April 3-5
  • Expansion Retreat: April 9-13

In our effort to minimize the impact of this decision on our participants, all payments made for these retreat dates, including deposit and balance payments, can be credited to future retreat dates.

Thank you for your understanding and for working with us during this challenging time and under these unprecedented circumstances. While this was a difficult decision, health and well-being comes first.

Stay safe.